Sunday, January 19, 2014

satire


       Who chose to have Princess Margaret’s school colours, red, black and white?  Those have got to be the most none matching colours in existence.   It must have been Mr. Becker or Mr. Math Genius as we all like to call him. He must be smart because he writes high school math text books.   Yes, it was him.  He is probably colour blind and all he really is concerned about is white paper, black pencils and red “x’s”!    What are the school colours supposed to mean anyways?   White generally signifies purity.  Does that mean all of the students and teachers at PMSS are angels.  Well, some of us are, but I certainly know a lot that aren’t even close to being angelic! Maybe it’s because white is a neutral colour.  It can match anything.   As for the colour red, that is actually a good choice for a school colour.    When I put on my basketball team jersey, it’s like I magically get all fired up.  I am out for blood on the court.   Red is a very appropriate colour to bring out the aggression in the students on the school teams.  The colour black, well, I’m not sure why in the world you would pick black for a school colour, other than it is a very slimming colour.   Maybe the reason black was chosen is because it makes us feel somber.  Just like at a funeral.  We need to take school seriously and study all the time.    That must have been Mr. Killick’s idea.  He seems to like to act serious all the time.  Every now and then his witty little “redness” comes out and he just can’t hold back his fiery, dry, jokes.  Whatever the reason, the school colours for Princess Margaret Secondary School are red, black and white, it’s still the best high school ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment