December 8th, 1980 was a date that forever changed the course of musical history. On that day, I went to the famous John Lennon's autograph signing in New York City. The number of people attending was very overwhelming and everyone was pushing and shoving just to get a glimpse of the star. Through the crowd I noticed one of the fans acting somewhat agitated. The strange man received the autograph and immediately left. The rest of my day was spent following the paparazzi recording Lennon's every move.
The excitement was nearing an end, or so I thought, as I watched John and his wife Yoko Ono walking through the entrance to their apartment. Looking around the building I recognized that same peculiar man from the signing standing by the front gate. I saw him reach into his coat pocket and draw out a small gun. As he took aim toward John, I sprinted at full speed to prevent the carnage that I could see unfolding. Lunging at the man, I reached him just as he pulled the trigger. The shots rang out and Yoko fell to the floor. Pandemonium erupted. I tackled the shooter to the ground before any more shots could be fired. The world would definitely not miss Yoko and her "music", but to lose the great John Lennon would be devastating. My quick actions saved the world's ears from the horrible noises Ms.Ono called music.
With the Death of his beloved Yoko, John Lennon was devastated. After an extended period of mourning John knew that he had to get back to creating music. He didn't have the motivation to continue his solo career without Yoko by his side. There was only one other option, the Beatles had to be reunited. One small action brought back together the world's greatest band and silenced a god-awful sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment