Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Slim and George sat down at the bar. Slim put a hand on George's shoulder and stated, "Like I said, George, sometimes a guy's gotta".   George rested his head in his hands and sighed.


"I've come here to drown my sorrows", replied George, as a tear rolled down is face. 
 
"There's plenty more fish in the sea", Slim said as he patted George's back. "It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all"

"That's hogwash Slim, She was the love of my life",  George moaned as he took another sip of his drink.

"For the love of Pete, she really had a face that only a mother could love", replied Slim.   "If you love something set it free, if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was".

"How can you be so insensitive man, I thought you were my best friend, " George whined.

"Well, true love means you never have to say you're sorry",  Slim responded.

"I know, George sheepishly said, but with love, all things are possible".  "I thought that love conquers all".

"Well, you were wrong George, Slim snapped,  love hurts, love is blind and love bites!  Now snap out of it!" 

"Thanks buddy, I guess it's true misery loves company and I'm so glad your here trying to cheer me up".  George reluctantly replied.


"Way to go George,  a friend in need is a friend in deed, and I'm here for you.   Let's go talk to Bob, he's funny.  He can cheer you up. After all, laughter is the best medicine".  Slim joking responded.

"I guess I'm footloose and fancy free!" exclaimed George as they walked out the door.





No comments:

Post a Comment